We all love stats and lists and social media is omnipresent, growing and shrinking as you read this. We all like to be blown away by figures and listed below are some of the key figures for Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Perhaps one of the best pictographs to illustrate the rise of social media can be seen here.
However, as with all stats you have to take a pinch of salt, I don’t mean to disrespect the validity of any source as I have taken social media stats from Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn themsdemdemelves. Ultimately the pictograph is a hugely visual feast showing the reach and size of social media even if the stats only go up to 2007.
- Founded in 2003, there are 55 million members across 200 countries
- LinkedIn grew by 1 million members a month as of July 2009
- LinkedIn employ 480 staff and claims that every second a new member joins
- 2004 1.6 million member
- 2005 4 million members
- 2006 8 million members
- 2007 15 million members
- 2008 33 million members
- 2009 55 million members
Still don't get what the fuss is all about, watch the video.
- Founded in 2006 and currently has 156 employees
- Sadly Twitter does not officially release the number of accounts but this varies from source to source
- Estimates place the number of accounts at 75 million although only 15 million may be active
- Analysts say that Twitter is the 3rd ranking social media site with the highest growth rate at 1,382% in February 2009
- Limited to 140 characters it is amazing what you can say with just 140 characters, people tend to use Twitter to get their message across within these limitations & [oops ran out of characters]
Watch the video to demystify Twitter
- Founded in 2004 and employs more than 1,000
- More than 350 million active users
- 50% of users login daily
- More than 35 million users update their status each day
Tagged with :