Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll have heard the latest buzzword being thrown around among your colleagues, your friends, and probably your CEO: content marketing. Everyone’s talking about it, but does anyone know what it actually is? Or how to use it effectively?
What is Content Marketing: A Jargon-Free Guide
That’s why we’re dedicating the month of April to content marketing. We’re cutting through the noise and bringing you an easy-to-understand, jargon-free guide to content marketing.
Did you know, according to The Content Marketing Institute:
- 86% of B2C marketers are using content marketing.
- The most effective B2C content marketers allocate 40% of their marketing budget to content marketing.
- Customer acquisition and retention/loyalty are the key goals for content marketers.
- 55% of B2C marketers intended to increase their content marketing spend in 2013.
If you’re already doing it – you should be doing more. And if you’re not, you need to listen up. This month you’ll find everything you need to know, broken down into these bite-size chunks of content marketing goodness:
1. What is Content Marketing [Video]
In just 2 minutes, you’ll understand the theory behind content marketing and why you should be doing it.
2. What’s the Big Idea?
How to generate great ideas regardless of what you sell.
3. The Format
Content comes in many shapes and sizes, so how do you choose the most effective for your business? We’ll tell you how.
4. The Channel [Infographic]
Where do your audience hang out? What do they like to do? What do they dislike? How do they communicate? What format have you chosen? The answers to these questions will help you to identify your chosen channel.
5. How to Measure Content
One of the biggest obstacles for a content strategy is its financial viability. We’ll show you how to measure the success of your content to inform future strategy and to prove its worth on the bottom-line.
6. Adapt and Inform: How to Create a Killer Content Strategy
How to use your metrics (and your gut) to adapt your campaign, inform your next topics, and guide your content marketing strategy.
But first – make sure you take a look at our video: What is Content Marketing…