Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll have heard the latest buzzword being thrown around among your colleagues, your friends, and probably your CEO: content marketing. Everyone’s talking about it, but does anyone know what it actually is? Or how to use it effectively?
What is Content Marketing: A Jargon-Free Guide
That’s why we’re dedicating the month of April to content marketing. We’re cutting through the noise and bringing you an easy-to-understand, jargon-free guide to content marketing.
Did you know, according to The Content Marketing Institute:
- 86% of B2C marketers are using content marketing.
- The most effective B2C content marketers allocate 40% of their marketing budget to content marketing.
- Customer acquisition and retention/loyalty are the key goals for content marketers.
- 55% of B2C marketers intended to increase their content marketing spend in 2013.
If you’re already doing it – you should be doing more. And if you’re not, you need to listen up. This month you’ll find everything you need to know, broken down into these bite-size chunks of content marketing goodness:
1. What is Content Marketing [Video]
In just 2 minutes, you’ll understand the theory behind content marketing and why you should be doing it.
2. What’s the Big Idea?
How to generate great ideas regardless of what you sell.
3. The Format
Content comes in many shapes and sizes, so how do you choose the most effective for your business? We’ll tell you how.
4. The Channel [Infographic]
Where do your audience hang out? What do they like to do? What do they dislike? How do they communicate? What format have you chosen? The answers to these questions will help you to identify your chosen channel.
5. How to Measure Content
One of the biggest obstacles for a content strategy is its financial viability. We’ll show you how to measure the success of your content to inform future strategy and to prove its worth on the bottom-line.
6. Adapt and Inform: How to Create a Killer Content Strategy
How to use your metrics (and your gut) to adapt your campaign, inform your next topics, and guide your content marketing strategy.
But first – make sure you take a look at our video: What is Content Marketing…
- Time-Savers for Writing Content You’re too Busy to Write - January 19, 2015
- SEO Expectations: How Long Should I Wait for an SEO Campaign to Take Effect? - November 19, 2014
- Buyer Personas: Top 10 Questions You Should Ask - October 28, 2014
- WMG Nominated for UK Search Award - October 3, 2014
- Major Google Update Begins Roll Out - September 30, 2014
- WMG Ranked #1 SEO Agency in The Drum Digital Census - September 29, 2014
- Ever Wanted a Sneak-peek into Google’s HQ? - September 18, 2014
- 890 Changes to Google Search in Last Year Alone - September 5, 2014
- The 3 Pillars of SEO - July 24, 2014
- WMG PPC Team Win Google AdWords Partners Adventure Challenge! - July 23, 2014