Here at WMG we love a great creative campaign and we’re not afraid to admit that we take inspiration from some of the many examples out there in the internet ether. These are just some of our favourites from the week ending 28 April as chosen by Becky Gaskell, Digital PR Strategist.
My favourite read is…
Research reveals people who list “reading” as a hobby on their dating profile will be more likely to get a match. A study by eHarmony found that men who list reading as one of their favourite activities receive up to 19% more messages than those who don’t.
Women who read also receive more messages, but only as little as 3%.
The study also looks at which books achieve potential matches. Men who listed that they had read The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo had a 36% chance of receiving a message, while women who had read the book had a 31% chance.
This campaign was picked up by Metro, Lifestyle, The Guardian, Refinery29 and many more.
The real blue tote at $0.99
Source: Daily Mail
Ikea has done it again, this time debuting a tongue-in-cheek new ad, giving customers ‘tips’ to tell the real IKEA bag from its look-a-like Balenciaga designer handbag, the “Arena Extra-Large Shopper Tote Bag’.
The only difference between both of the bags apart from the shape, size and colour is the price tag. The Balenciaga is priced at $2,145 and only 99 cents for the IKEA version, with the obvious material difference, the designer handbag is leather and the IKEA version is plastic.
This campaign has been picked up by The Telegraph, Fortune, Teen Vogue, USA Today, Refinery29, Elle Magazine and many more fashion and mainstream sites.
Top 10 car theft hotspots
Research by Tracker, the UK’s leading producers of vehicle location technology, has revealed the places your car is most likely to be stolen and the models thieves love.
According to recent findings, London was the hub for vehicle theft in 2016.
West Midlands was very close behind London and Essex, but on a positive note, Greater Manchester appeared to clean up its act slightly, moving from second place in 2015 all the way down to seventh.
The research also looked into the most stolen vehicles in Britain, with the BMW X5 claiming its eighth title in nine years.
Source: The Sun
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 26 May 2017 - May 26, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 5 May 2017 - May 8, 2017
- Sky Diving for a Great Cause - May 4, 2017
- SkyDiving for St. Michael’s Hospice: This Sunday! - April 28, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 28 April 2017 - April 28, 2017
- SkyDiving for St. Michael’s Hospice: Do you think you are brave enough? - April 13, 2017
- Winners of first SEO Rankings Competition - April 11, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 17 March 2017 - March 17, 2017
- WMG’s Sister Company Partners With Google - March 10, 2017
- International Women’s Day - March 8, 2017