Here at WMG we love a good creative campaign and we’re not afraid to admit that we take inspiration from some of the many examples out there in the internet ether. These are just some of our favourites from the week ending 7 October, as chosen by Becky Gaskell, Digital Creative & PR Strategist.
Humanoid Army Roams London Landmarks For New Sci-Fi Show ‘Westworld’
Source: International Business Times
Sky Atlantic promoted their new sci-fi show Westworld, using a visual PR stunt across London to set the theme of a futuristic theme park via an army of 20 Humanoids. Alongside the stunt, the unknown agency also ran a survey of 2,000 people, which demonstrated that 58 per cent of Brits are worried about the impact robots will have on society in the future and that 41 per cent think humanoids could destroy humanity. Coverage from the ad came from a number of publications including the International Business Times UK, Event Magazine, PR Week, Mirror, Mail Online, The Star and many more.
Piers Morgan Backs The USA In Paddy Power Ryder Cup Stunt
Paddy Power teamed up with Piers Morgan ahead of last weekend’s Ryder Cup to promote their markets on the bi-annual golf tournament. By tapping into Morgan’s unpopularity Paddy Power attempted to generate more support for Team Europe in a video. Extensive national media coverage and links from Campaign, Mirror, Express, NY Daily News, The Sun, Sports Business Daily, SBC News, Daily Mail and many more.
Santander Creates “From Bus Stop To Bus Stop” Campaign To Attract Millennials In Brazil
Santander installed interactive bus stops around major universities in the city of Sao Paulo in Brazil. These bus stops offered free Wi-Fi, cellphone chargers, karaoke stations, printing literary messages and movie tickets. From these activation stations, random users were invited to participate in unique experiences, which were filmed as part of the “From Bus Stop to Bus Stop” web-series and provide the content for printed ad campaign. Media coverage gained links from Pioneering Ooh, Merca, Trend Hunter and others.
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 28 October 2016 - October 28, 2016
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 21 October 2016 - October 24, 2016
- WMG Appointed by Aon plc to Handle Organic Search Performance - October 10, 2016
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 7 October 2016 - October 7, 2016
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 23 September 2016 - September 22, 2016
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 26 August 2016 - August 25, 2016
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 12 August 2016 - August 15, 2016
- The Big Move: Here’s Our Video of the WMG Office Move Party!! - August 9, 2016
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 5 August 2016 - August 8, 2016
- Sir Matthew Pinsent Opens WMG’s New Harrogate Office Space - July 29, 2016