So, you might remember us telling you a while back that we won the Google Partners Adventure (mainly because our PPC team are so awesome…). Well, the winners were invited to an exclusive event at Google’s central London HQ!
Our PPC team headed down to the big smoke to celebrate their success.
They began with a drinks reception in one of the many break out rooms at Google, overlooking the London skyline. With quirky chairs and clever features to partition the space, plus a huge bar running the entire length of the room, it really lived up to their expectations of a stereotypical “Google office”.
After a glass of champers, they headed down to the conference room, where they listened to two inspiring talks.
Matt Webb, CEO and co-founder of Berg discussed innovation, and the concept of interconnectivity. That nothing should be pigeon-holed into one “form” or “medium” and that actually, as human beings, despite our growing digital persuasion, we still want to touch, feel and experience things – not everything can be digital.
Charlotte Morton, Industry Head at Google was our second speaker. She talked about YouTube’s growing advertising platform and compared its scale, reach and success to Television, proving beyond doubt that YouTube absolutely competes with TV, and if used properly, reaches far wider audiences than TV advertising.
Afterward the speakers, the team were treated to a fabulous evening of dinner, live music and cocktails. Bands played and the attendees (and our team!) were encouraged to throw some shapes on the dance floor.
“It was a truly inspiring event. I was incredibly proud of the team for the achievements we had made. The trip just proved that we are privileged to be working in this industry.” – James Elliman
“I was blown away by Google’s offices. They were everything I had imagined. The speakers were really inspiring. I’m so pleased we got this opportunity!” – Kyriaki Papageorgiou
- Time-Savers for Writing Content You’re too Busy to Write - January 19, 2015
- SEO Expectations: How Long Should I Wait for an SEO Campaign to Take Effect? - November 19, 2014
- Buyer Personas: Top 10 Questions You Should Ask - October 28, 2014
- WMG Nominated for UK Search Award - October 3, 2014
- Major Google Update Begins Roll Out - September 30, 2014
- WMG Ranked #1 SEO Agency in The Drum Digital Census - September 29, 2014
- Ever Wanted a Sneak-peek into Google’s HQ? - September 18, 2014
- 890 Changes to Google Search in Last Year Alone - September 5, 2014
- The 3 Pillars of SEO - July 24, 2014
- WMG PPC Team Win Google AdWords Partners Adventure Challenge! - July 23, 2014