Since the strikes of Panda and Penguin, the online world has been waiting with baited breath for the release of the next black and white monster.
There have been whisperings of skunks, orcas and magpies. But pandas and penguins aren’t aggressive animals, and our sources from within Google have told us it will come from an altogether more placid beast…
Behold, The Zebra Update!
Looks menacing doesn’t he?
But What Will The Zebra Update Target?
Panda hit on-site elements. Penguin mainly focused on off-site issues. Zebra is going to town on social…
- Too many retweets with keywords included around a link
- Facebook updates with too many shares from people not in your industry
- Any Google+ shares as this will look spammy (Google+ is a graveyard right, so any activity looks suspicious?!)
- Owning a Pinterest page – brands only use these for SEO benefit no?
If you’ve been creating great content which may be being shared extensively by people on the web, some of which might not be bloggers in your niche, then start looking over your shoulder. The Big G doesn’t want anyone messing with their rankings.
It’s time the social web started cleaning itself up, The Zebra Update is coming…
(N.B. The Zebra update is currently ficticious. All comments made here should be taken with a large pinch of salt and then disregarded entirely)
- Time-Savers for Writing Content You’re too Busy to Write - January 19, 2015
- SEO Expectations: How Long Should I Wait for an SEO Campaign to Take Effect? - November 19, 2014
- Buyer Personas: Top 10 Questions You Should Ask - October 28, 2014
- WMG Nominated for UK Search Award - October 3, 2014
- Major Google Update Begins Roll Out - September 30, 2014
- WMG Ranked #1 SEO Agency in The Drum Digital Census - September 29, 2014
- Ever Wanted a Sneak-peek into Google’s HQ? - September 18, 2014
- 890 Changes to Google Search in Last Year Alone - September 5, 2014
- The 3 Pillars of SEO - July 24, 2014
- WMG PPC Team Win Google AdWords Partners Adventure Challenge! - July 23, 2014