Top 20 SEO Twitter People to Follow
We love social media. Almost as much as we love SEO. When the two come together, it’s a pretty exciting thing in the search marketing world. Here we have 20 great search engine Twitterers that you have to follow if you’re a SEO yourself.
Top Twitter people to follow: The obvious ones
If you’re an SEO, you’re probably following these experts already. If you’re not, make sure you do to get the latest industry Tweets from the people who are right in the heart of search engine optimisation.
1. Matt Cutts – @mattcutts
Google’s ‘Head of Web Spam’ with 115,366 followers.
According to Retweet Rank, Matt Cutts is the 7,523rd most influential Twitter user out of almost 200 million Twitter users (based on rewteets). See below:
2. Rand Fishkin – @randfish
CEO of SEOMoz with 31,922 followers.
3. Danny Sullivan – @dannysullivan
Editor of SearchEngineLand.com with 143, 701 followers.
Top people continued: SEO gurus to follow on Twitter
Following the best SEOs on Twitter not only gives you unlimited access to the best SEO advice, posts and links on the net, but it gives you a great opportunity to connect, interact and make some valuable industry contacts.
4. Vanessa Fox – @vanessafox
Ex Googler and “cyberspace visionary” as named by Seattle Business Monthly.
Here is a YouTube video where she talks about her book, Marketing in the Age of Google:
5. Michael Gray – @graywolf
SEO blogger, consultant and speaker with 13,917 followers.
6. Aaron Wall – @aaronwall
SEOBook blogger with 18,922 followers.
7. Daron Babin – @SEORockstars
CEO and host of Webmaster Radio, the largest online radio station for the B2B marketplace – 22,986 followers.
(Image source: www2.webmasterradio.fm)
8. Lee Odden – @leeodden
CEO of TopRank and online marketing specialist with 28,075 followers.
9. Dave Naylor – @davenaylor
Head of search marketing at Bronco.co.uk and SEO conference speaker with 11,560 followers.
10. Ann Smarty – @SEOsmarty
Blogging and SEO expert with 16,349 followers.
11. Matt McGee – @MattMcGee
Executive News Editor at SearchEngineLand.com and speaker with 8,361 followers.
12. Gerald Weber – @the_gman
President of Search Engine Marketing Group and SEO consultant with 103,293 followers.
13. Brett Tabke – @btabke
Founder of WebmasterWorld with 27,122 followers.
14. Ralph Tegtmeier – @fantomaster
SEO software developer and link builder from Belgium with 9,099 followers.
15. Reg Saddler – @zaibatsu
Well known social media star with 124,544 followers.
16. Barry Schwartz – @rustybrick
Search Engine Roundtable Executive Editor and CEO of Rusty Brick with 15,705 followers.
17. Mike Grehan – @mikegrehan
VP, Global Content Director with incisive Media and publisher of Search Engine Watch with 3,560 followers.
Watch a video on Mike Grehan discussing the impacts of changing internet users on search marketing:
The final few: The SEO Twitter underdogs
These Twitter SEOs don’t have quite the same following as the others when it comes to numbers, but their SEO and internet marketing related Tweets make them well worth following!
18. Ruud Hein – @ruudhein
Ruud Hein is a WordPress geek and a editor for Search Engine People. He has 2,879 followers and he ranks as 212,694th most influential person on Twitter (based on retweets according to retweetrank.com)
19. Jennifer Sable Lopez – @Jennita
Better known as Jennita, this social media author has received 2987 ‘thumbs up’ for her blog posts on SEOMoz and has 3,457 followers on Twitter.
20. Sean SEO – @seanSEO
This Australian SEO blogger with 44,564 followers has proved to be very informative for some of our in-house SEO account managers, analysts and link builders – worth a follow!
We consider ourselves one of the SEO Twitter underdogs too. With 4,723 followers and counting, we’re always happy to take on more followers.
We Tweet about anything related to internet marketing or SEO – follow us here.
- WMG Secures Top Agency Award in Google Initiative - February 12, 2015
- Time-Savers for Writing Content You’re too Busy to Write - January 19, 2015
- SEO Expectations: How Long Should I Wait for an SEO Campaign to Take Effect? - November 19, 2014
- Buyer Personas: Top 10 Questions You Should Ask - October 28, 2014
- WMG Nominated for UK Search Award - October 3, 2014
- Major Google Update Begins Roll Out - September 30, 2014
- WMG Ranked #1 SEO Agency in The Drum Digital Census - September 29, 2014
- Ever Wanted a Sneak-peek into Google’s HQ? - September 18, 2014
- 890 Changes to Google Search in Last Year Alone - September 5, 2014
- The 3 Pillars of SEO - July 24, 2014