The H&T Group operate over 190 stores across the country and are the UK largest pawnbrokers by book value. Established in London from humble beginnings, the business have been providing pawnbroking and cash services to local communities since 1897.
H&T came on board in May 2013 with 2 broad goals:
- Increase the search visibility and traffic to their stores location pages (of which there are 190).
- Improve the rankings for the headline terms ‘pawnbroker’, ‘pawnbrokers’ and ‘pawnbroking’.
WHAT WE DID
Through keyword research we identified 296 key phrases to track and optimise towards. These were mainly focused on the locations of each store with 2-3 primary term variations per store/location.
The site structure is fairly complex (with multiple sub domains catering for different areas of the business), but with detailed technical analysis including the implementation of schema mark up, address audit and amendments of location pages. We performed outreach to raise the strength of both the primary domain and the stores section which have achieved amazing results.
- We have pushed the major headline term ‘pawnbrokers’ onto page 1
- We have increased ‘pawnbroker’ from #10 to #7
- We have gained 154 new page 1 rankings
- 274 phrases are now on page 1 (93% of the phrases we are tracking)
- We have gained 166 new position 1 rankings
WMG are working closely with H&T Group to continue to capitalise on the success so far, with a focus on:
- Providing technical consultation on the centralisation of the site back onto a single domain so as to maximise the benefit from domain strength.
- Continuing to grow the strength of the store location pages and improve search traffic to these.
- Expanding our phrase focus to other product offerings within the business as these are centralised under the single domain.