Here at WMG we love a good creative campaign and we’re not afraid to admit that we take inspiration from some of the many examples out there in the internet ether. These are just some of our favourites from the week ending 3 March, as chosen by Megan Askam, Digital PR Strategist.
PUPPY PARENTAL LEAVE
Brewdog has just announced possibly the best job incentive ever… Taking the ‘bring your dog to work day’ to a new level, the company will be offering a week’s paid leave for new dog owners. Brewdog is the first in its industry to release a scheme of this kind, claiming that getting a new dog can be stressful for both dogs and humans alone. This has picked up coverage everywhere. Who do we have to pitch to get a similar scheme in place?
PORN HUB 2016 SEARCHES
Porn Hub has revealed a number of statistics based on the users to its site in 2016. The site has pulled together information on different popular searches over the year, looking into trends and peaks and creating a few graphics to show the craziest stats. Whilst the data might not be for everyone, some of the information definitely got the PR team
talking repulsed this week… Facts include the most popular celebrity searches where Donald Trump was number 4 (with a 874% peak in November). Boris Johnson and Theresa May also made appearances on the lists… The campaign has received a lot of coverage from the nationals. We’ll leave you to look at the rest of the data here.
AND THE WINNER IS….
If you haven’t yet seen the cringe-worthy Oscars mix-up clip and have been hiding under a rock for the past week, you can watch it here. Brands across the globe have jumped off the hype of one of the most talked about topics this week. RyanAir was of course one of the first airlines to put out a tweet about name changes, a very simple tactic which resulted in a lot of social engagement. It took off with other airlines such as SouthWest, United and Virgin Atlantic, which were picked up by Forbes. Specsavers also jumped on the Oscars train using its trademark ‘Should’ve gone to Specsavers’ catchphrase which was perfectly timed resulting in coverage from the Metro.
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 9 June 2017 - June 9, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 26 May 2017 - May 26, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 5 May 2017 - May 8, 2017
- Sky Diving for a Great Cause - May 4, 2017
- SkyDiving for St. Michael’s Hospice: This Sunday! - April 28, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 28 April 2017 - April 28, 2017
- SkyDiving for St. Michael’s Hospice: Do you think you are brave enough? - April 13, 2017
- Winners of first SEO Rankings Competition - April 11, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 17 March 2017 - March 17, 2017
- WMG’s Sister Company Partners With Google - March 10, 2017