Here at WMG we suckers for a great creative campaign and we’re not afraid to admit that we take inspiration from some of the many examples out there in the internet ether. These are just some of our favourites from the week ending 17 March, as chosen by Joseph Fitzpatrick, Senior Digital PR Manager.
TRUMP AND PUTIN TAKE A RIDE
Paddy Power recreated the Russian premier’s infamous horse-riding pose – with the addition of US President Donald Trump – to launch their Cheltenham specials this week. The two (pretty ropey) lookalikes paraded around London on Monday, catching the attention of the Mirror and Horse and Hound, to name a few.
Always one for pushing the boundaries, Paddy Power caused a stir by painting their logo onto Hunt Ball’s hind quarters, in the 2013 Festival. Apparently, the original plan was to paint the horse head to toe in green, but there was a shortage of paint. Unsurprisingly, there was quite a backlash, which resulted in several four-figure fines for those involved. The media coverage it received, however, presumably paid for that (and then some).
HORSE IN A 3-PIECE TWEED SUIT
Bookmaker William Hill designed and created a tweed three-piece suit for a horse, ahead of the 2016 Festival. To create the specially tailored suit, which was unveiled by 20-time champion jockey AP McCoy, it was claimed that 14 metres of the material had to be shipped over from the Isle of Harris. The media went mad for this stunt, racking up coverage from Mashable to the Guardian to Horse and Hound, and the video has been viewed over 140K times on YouTube.
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 9 June 2017 - June 9, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 26 May 2017 - May 26, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 5 May 2017 - May 8, 2017
- Sky Diving for a Great Cause - May 4, 2017
- SkyDiving for St. Michael’s Hospice: This Sunday! - April 28, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 28 April 2017 - April 28, 2017
- SkyDiving for St. Michael’s Hospice: Do you think you are brave enough? - April 13, 2017
- Winners of first SEO Rankings Competition - April 11, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 17 March 2017 - March 17, 2017
- WMG’s Sister Company Partners With Google - March 10, 2017