Here at WMG we love a good creative campaign and we’re not afraid to admit that we take inspiration from some of the many examples out there in the internet ether. These are just some of our favourites from the week ending 5 August, as chosen by Joseph Fitzpatrick, Senior Digital PR Manager.
Recreated Cliché Instagram Photos
The Instagram account Bros Being Basic has been recreating some of Instagram’s more cliché photos in an ironic fashion. Kind of like a sarcastic #squadgoals. Although not a new phenomenon – it was first in the news late last year – the account has popped up again on the Daily Mail and ABC news this week. This works because it’s relatable… everyone knows that *one person* who takes these kind of photos.
Marketing cloud company Twilo hit the headlines last week with a video showing how they’ve developed a system for dogs to take selfies. This first appeared on their blog in March of this year but they’ve taken it a step further and developed the system so that the dog can now text their selfies (although I’m not sure who they’re meant to be texting them to…?). Pets = Selfies = loads of love from the internet, specifically over 30K views on YouTube and worldwide coverage in the media.
Hairdresser Hair Art
Source: Mail Online
This particular hairdresser from China just can’t bring himself to sweep away all that shorn hair you find on a salon floor… so instead he creates intricate images of things like Iron Man. His creations found their way onto the Mail Online and Mashable this week… proof that if it’s weird enough and visual enough people will be interested.
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 2 December 2016 - December 5, 2016
- Happy 1st of December With SEO Santa! - December 1, 2016
- WMG Receives Premier Google Partner Award - November 28, 2016
- WMG Ranked #1 For Client Service in The Drum Digital Census - November 23, 2016
- Team WMG Three Peaks Charity Challenge 2016 - November 21, 2016
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 11 November 2016 - November 11, 2016
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 4 November 2016 - November 4, 2016
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 28 October 2016 - October 28, 2016
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 21 October 2016 - October 24, 2016
- WMG Appointed by Aon plc to Handle Organic Search Performance - October 10, 2016