Here at WMG we love a good creative campaign and we’re not afraid to admit that we take inspiration from some of the many examples out there in the internet ether. These are just some of our favourites from the week ending 5 August, as chosen by Joseph Fitzpatrick, Senior Digital PR Manager.
Recreated Cliché Instagram Photos
The Instagram account Bros Being Basic has been recreating some of Instagram’s more cliché photos in an ironic fashion. Kind of like a sarcastic #squadgoals. Although not a new phenomenon – it was first in the news late last year – the account has popped up again on the Daily Mail and ABC news this week. This works because it’s relatable… everyone knows that *one person* who takes these kind of photos.
Marketing cloud company Twilo hit the headlines last week with a video showing how they’ve developed a system for dogs to take selfies. This first appeared on their blog in March of this year but they’ve taken it a step further and developed the system so that the dog can now text their selfies (although I’m not sure who they’re meant to be texting them to…?). Pets = Selfies = loads of love from the internet, specifically over 30K views on YouTube and worldwide coverage in the media.
Hairdresser Hair Art
Source: Mail Online
This particular hairdresser from China just can’t bring himself to sweep away all that shorn hair you find on a salon floor… so instead he creates intricate images of things like Iron Man. His creations found their way onto the Mail Online and Mashable this week… proof that if it’s weird enough and visual enough people will be interested.
- WMG Nominated for Five RAR Digital Awards - May 22, 2018
- WMG Announced as a Finalist for The Drum Search Awards 2018 - March 12, 2018
- WMG Shortlisted for Three UK Biddable Media Awards - February 13, 2018
- WMG shortlisted for Northern Digital Awards ‘Best Integrated Campaign’ 2018 - December 8, 2017
- London Film Festival: IDHL Group Explores Our Favourite Films - October 12, 2017
- National Doodle Day – IDHL’s Doodles of The Day - September 22, 2017
- IDHL Group’s Doncaster Races Annual Social Event - September 20, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending September 1st 2017 - September 1, 2017
- THE IDHL GROUP’S BACK TO SCHOOL PLAYLIST - September 1, 2017
- IDHL Group’s Playlist For A Rainy Day - August 31, 2017