Here at WMG we love a good creative campaign and we’re not afraid to admit that we take inspiration from some of the many examples out there in the internet ether. These are just some of our favourites from the week ending 23 September, as chosen by Tushar Parmar, Digital PR Strategist.
International Rescue Committee Heightens Awareness of Refugee Plight
As a way of increasing awareness of the large numbers of people dying making trips from Africa and the Middle East to Europe they placed used refugee life jackets across Parliament Square, which overlooks the Palace of Westminster. The aim was to alert UK MPs and also make this coincide with the UN Nations Migration Summit.
The campaign achieved large amounts of national coverage including The Independent, Metro, Huffington Post and Daily Mail.
Source: Getty Images Europe via Mail Online
The Great Madame Tussauds Brangelina Breakup
The world famous waxworks gallery, Madame Tussauds publicly broke up the figures of movie stars Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie upon the recent announcement of their divorce, receiving coverage on numerous media sites including The Standard, Daily Mail, Independent, Daily Mail, Fortune and Daily Telegraph to name just a few.
Source: PR Examples
Pop-Up Toast Art
Electrical appliances retailer, Tefal, commissioned an art exhibition, recreating famous works by notable artists such as Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa, The Bedroom by Van Gough and Water Lilies by Monet, using toast as the canvas and foodstuffs as the paint. This campaign garnered a huge amount of social coverage as well as national media coverage.
Source: London On The Inside
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 2 December 2016 - December 5, 2016
- Happy 1st of December With SEO Santa! - December 1, 2016
- WMG Receives Premier Google Partner Award - November 28, 2016
- WMG Ranked #1 For Client Service in The Drum Digital Census - November 23, 2016
- Team WMG Three Peaks Charity Challenge 2016 - November 21, 2016
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 11 November 2016 - November 11, 2016
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 4 November 2016 - November 4, 2016
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 28 October 2016 - October 28, 2016
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending 21 October 2016 - October 24, 2016
- WMG Appointed by Aon plc to Handle Organic Search Performance - October 10, 2016