Here at WMG we love a good creative campaign and we’re not afraid to admit that we take inspiration from some of the many examples out there in the internet ether. These are just some of our favourites from the week ending 7 October, as chosen by Becky Gaskell, Digital Creative & PR Strategist.
Humanoid Army Roams London Landmarks For New Sci-Fi Show ‘Westworld’
Source: International Business Times
Sky Atlantic promoted their new sci-fi show Westworld, using a visual PR stunt across London to set the theme of a futuristic theme park via an army of 20 Humanoids. Alongside the stunt, the unknown agency also ran a survey of 2,000 people, which demonstrated that 58 per cent of Brits are worried about the impact robots will have on society in the future and that 41 per cent think humanoids could destroy humanity. Coverage from the ad came from a number of publications including the International Business Times UK, Event Magazine, PR Week, Mirror, Mail Online, The Star and many more.
Piers Morgan Backs The USA In Paddy Power Ryder Cup Stunt
Paddy Power teamed up with Piers Morgan ahead of last weekend’s Ryder Cup to promote their markets on the bi-annual golf tournament. By tapping into Morgan’s unpopularity Paddy Power attempted to generate more support for Team Europe in a video. Extensive national media coverage and links from Campaign, Mirror, Express, NY Daily News, The Sun, Sports Business Daily, SBC News, Daily Mail and many more.
Santander Creates “From Bus Stop To Bus Stop” Campaign To Attract Millennials In Brazil
Santander installed interactive bus stops around major universities in the city of Sao Paulo in Brazil. These bus stops offered free Wi-Fi, cellphone chargers, karaoke stations, printing literary messages and movie tickets. From these activation stations, random users were invited to participate in unique experiences, which were filmed as part of the “From Bus Stop to Bus Stop” web-series and provide the content for printed ad campaign. Media coverage gained links from Pioneering Ooh, Merca, Trend Hunter and others.
- WMG Nominated for Five RAR Digital Awards - May 22, 2018
- WMG Announced as a Finalist for The Drum Search Awards 2018 - March 12, 2018
- WMG Shortlisted for Three UK Biddable Media Awards - February 13, 2018
- WMG shortlisted for Northern Digital Awards ‘Best Integrated Campaign’ 2018 - December 8, 2017
- National Doodle Day – IDHL’s Doodles of The Day - September 22, 2017
- IDHL Group’s Doncaster Races Annual Social Event - September 20, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending September 1st 2017 - September 1, 2017
- WMG Explores Theatre - August 16, 2017
- IDHL Group 2017 Summer Party - July 28, 2017
- Harrogate’s Old Peculier Crime Festival Inspired: IDHL Crime Favourites - July 21, 2017