About IDHL Group
IDHL Group is one of the UK’s largest integrated-service agencies comprising of WMG, Ingenuity Digital, NetConstruct and Pinpoint. Analytical in our approach and inquisitive by nature, data is in our DNA.
Our 150-strong team are experts SEO, PPC, Paid Social, Programmatics, Content Marketing, Outreach and Digital PR. Analytical in our approach and inquisitive by nature, we’re a Digital Agency with a difference. Our extensive portfolio of in-house developed intellectual property fuels our ability to blend technical expertise with imagination to generate measurable and impactful results.
We’ve established a solid track record for helping businesses improve their online visibility, driving traffic and increasing conversions. This is proven by our outstanding retention of enviable clients, including blue-chip companies and household names, both across the UK and internationally.
To lead and drive the overall strategy within your client portfolio; you will work with the wider account team to manage accounts through strong interpersonal skills, planning and organizational abilities and strategic thinking.
You will have a sales target that will be to retain and grow client revenue across the 4 quarters of the agencies FY. You need to be instrumental in creating and maintaining a culture of thinking, challenging and innovation – within the team and within the agency.
You should be professional, challenging, inspirational, supportive and motivational to the team around you, the agency and your clients in accordance with the company’s values.
Our values are people, creativity, professionalism, integrity, quality control, value for money, service and pro-activity. They are essential to your performance; you must therefore support and model the values and apply them to your work always.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Understand client’s business, their brands and their customers and ensure the team does too.
- Understanding all aspects of Search Engine Marketing – e.g. Paid media/ SEO/ CRO/ Social media strategies.
- Monitor and understand your clients’ business, markets and their environments. You should have views on market issues and be up to date with competitive activity and potential new entrants.
- Know your client’s objectives and business results, both macro and micro. You should be aware of corporate issues, as well as knowing the campaign results inside out. You should understand and have a view on what drives profitability and other key success criteria. You must be able to talk confidently to senior clients about these subjects.
- Understand the best ways to reach your target audience and how to target prospects. Understand what motivates prospects and customers. Be able to guide your clients with the agency’s new innovative thinking on search engine marketing.
- Understand and deliver the best and most appropriate new media solutions across search, on line marketing, data and conversion rate optimization.
- Be up to date on best industry practice and regulations – for both digital and their specific industry.
- You must be passionate about the strategy and always strive to produce ground-breaking work.
- Drive yourself and the team to be one step ahead of your clients – generating a culture of pro-activity and a feeling that the agency is a centre of excellence – specialists in our fields.
- Grow your business through growing your client’s business.
- Be able to sell innovative ideas to clients in a confident and convincing manner.
- Get involved with and present at new business pitches.
Key elements are client relationship building and service delivery. As an Account Director, you are responsible for ensuring that you really understand your clients’ needs and deliver an excellent service.
- You need to create a ‘partnership’ relationship with your clients at all levels.
- You need to create systems with your clients for keeping them up to date and for communication to flow effectively – remember that each client is different and that you and your team need to be flexible to their requirements.
- Develop/maintain excellent presentation standards in your group – “it’ll do” mentality won’t do. You should check all documents before they go to the client. Make sure all correspondence, documents, client correspondence, contact reports, estimates, are done and are accurate etc.
- Ensure that data/results reporting to clients are regular and that results are kept in a central place for easy reference by your team and other agency departments. Ensure you share results with your team.
- Ensure results are interpreted appropriately ad the right strategic solutions are driven from insights
- Adhere to working practices and procedures for your client.
- Ensure that a central file is kept of essential client information
- Ensure that case histories, work samples and online results are kept up to date, and readily available.
- Make sure you and the wider accounts team take full responsibility for the executional detail in line with the client team
- Organize monthly and quarterly client planning sessions and reviews with clients – these should be an opportunity to review results against targets but also a forum for the agency to demonstrate innovative thinking. Involve senior agency team members.
- Build a social relationship with your clients.
- Surprise and delight your clients on a regular basis.
- Listen to your clients.
It is your responsibility to manage the finances on your accounts, from driving profitability through to ensuring that invoices are paid on time:
- Ensure that all work runs to agreed client profitability targets and those clients.
- Produce annual and monthly revenue & renewal forecasts of income and report these to your CSD.
- Meet your monthly and yearly sales targets and drive growth of the account
- Ensure that your account is maximizing its profitability potential
- Make sure your team understand the importance of contract renewal.
- Work with Finance to ensure invoices are paid on time.
Key Attributes & Qualifications
Ability to demonstrate empathy, strong listening and organizational skills, tenacity and determination with wit and intelligence. You should also demonstrate effective written communication, presentation, creative flair and negotiation skills; as well as being able to work under enormous pressure with the ability to analyse and resolve problems quickly and effectively. You must demonstrate tact, diplomacy, discretion and maturity in relation to interacting with people at all levels and not be overtly status conscious.
- Ideally 5 years digital marketing communications experience.
- 3-5 years’ account management experience within a commercially/ sales targeted environment, capable of managing £1,000,000 income.
- Technical skills:
- Ability to create a digital marketing strategy incorporating the channels of Paid Media, CRO, SEO, Content Marketing, Social that would achieve client’s objectives over a set period
- Ability to deliver the monthly campaign of the above strategy; ensuring smooth production campaigns; briefing internal teams and managing budgets
- Ability to tailor your strategy, communication and relationship approach to each account requirement
- Ability to communicate the strategy to your client on your own
- Using your skills to develop your accounts, the teams you work with, and the agency
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Technology: Proficient in MS office suite, Email and Internet
Training and Progression
We believe in investing in our employees, working with leading training providers and professional bodies to expand your skillset, with regular workshops, lunch and learns, as well as tailored Personal Development Plans created to support your career aspirations.
The diverse range of specialisms across our business provide plentiful opportunities to get a taste for new areas within digital marketing and broaden your experience.
Time will also be given to research and investigate new technologies as part of this role.
Employee well-being is high on our agenda, and we pride ourselves on the range of benefits we’re able to provide and want to ensure our staff are satisfied.
A performance bonus rewards effort, whilst our quarterly company awards recognise individual achievements. To keep those creative juices flowing we provide free fruit and refreshments, and we always look forward to the monthly free sandwich Friday.
We’re a social bunch too, with regular company events to look forward to such as the race, picnics and the always much anticipated Christmas party. Not only that, but we genuinely like each other too, it’s not just a work thing! You’ll often find our employees out and about together, with many making some great friends in their colleagues.
Thinking of your future, we operate a Company Pension Scheme, that, like a fine wine, improves over time, rewarding your loyalty over the years. We even offer a private health plan to make sure you’re well looked after.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org