Pinpoint are an award-winning Official Magento Partner located in Leeds, West Yorkshire. We are a fast growing company, looking for an enthusiastic Backend Developer to join our team and assist with producing fantastic websites for our clients.
Our work includes building beautiful eCommerce stores for merchants across the UK and USA with uncompromising build quality, along with providing solutions and strategies that deliver measurable results.
Our client base includes merchants such as Regis Salons, Supercuts, iCandy, Pretty Little Thing. We take real pride in our client-centric approach, and have always worked hard to retain these values.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Pinpoint are on the lookout for a talented and self motivated Backend Developer to join our team, creating and implementing bespoke extensions/solutions and working alongside the frontend team to implement functionality required for eCommerce solutions built on Magento.
You will work alongside other frontend and backend developers to develop new and existing eCommerce stores built on the Magento platform, whilst helping to drive the company forward using new and innovative technologies.
Key Performance Indicators:
● Project delivery – on time and within budget
● Accuracy of estimates and implementation
● Clean, maintainable code
● Speed vs quality balance
Your Duties and Responsibilities
● Writing backend code inline with best practices on the Magento 1 and Magento 2 platform. Ensuring that code is written to a high quality standard, self-tested and communicating openly with the project management team to ensure that tasks are well scoped, estimated and delivered.
● Working with the project management team to facilitate new work through the agency – assisting in the writing of functional specifications and development of designs through the agency, ensuring that all deadlines on the project plan are met and that projects are delivered on time and to budget.
● Deliver high quality project work and support the evolution of best practice and standards.
● Where needed be client facing, responsible for presenting your work, taking feedback and critique and helping to guide our clients to the best solutions.
● Providing actionable feedback to other members of the team on quality, best practice and technology
● Architect and implement extensions and other bespoke requirements to the highest standard
● Take and understand direction from others
● Present, explain and justify implementation of client solutions
● Build and manage relationships with internal teams and clients
● Be an active, motivated and inspired member of the team
● Maintaining a full understanding of company processes, policies, guidelines and contractual obligations and ensuring these are consistently followed.
● Proven experience as a backend developer
● Solid experience with PHP, MySQL and a working knowledge of source control, deployment process and dev-ops.
● Excellent knowledge in Object Oriented programming and MVC
● Ability to write clean, reusable and extensible code and tests
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills
● A good balance of understanding a client’s budget vs the proposed solution
● Have a minimum of one years’ agency experience
● Keeping well documented, efficient code and ensuring a clear audit trail of communication.
● Have experience of taking details of client’s requirements and creating detailed briefs
● Ability to work with minimal supervision with an ability to plan and prioritise your own time and workload alongside the project management team to ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met on time and to the required standard.
● Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and create rapport with colleagues, clients and management
● Provide positive contributions to a team-working environment, in relation to ideas, providing support to colleagues, building strong working relationships with colleagues, understanding internal roles and responsibilities.
● Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to use high levels of initiative to deliver results.
● We are looking for someone who is as passionate, hard-working and has determination to succeed.
Skills we’d love you to have:
● Prior experience with Magento 1 & Magento 2
● Experience with NewRelic, Blackfire.io and other debugging tools
● Experience with React.js & Redux.js
● Experience with GraphQL & RabbitMQ
● Magento Developer Certification
● Working knowledge of tools such as JIRA
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com