Pinpoint are an award-winning Official Magento Partner located in Leeds, West Yorkshire. We are a fast growing company, looking for an enthusiastic Frontend Developer to join our team and assist with producing fantastic websites for our clients.
Our work includes building beautiful eCommerce stores for merchants across the UK and USA with uncompromising build quality, along with providing solutions and strategies that deliver measurable results.
Our client base includes merchants such as Regis Salons, Supercuts, iCandy, Pretty Little Thing.
We take real pride in our client-centric approach, and have always worked hard to retain these values.
Roles & Responsibilities
Pinpoint are on the lookout for a talented and self motivated Frontend Developer to join our team, taking visual designs usually produced in Sketch format and translating them into code for our Magento projects.
You will work alongside other frontend and backend developers to develop new and existing eCommerce stores built on the Magento platform, whilst helping to drive the company forward using new and innovative technologies.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing frontend code inline with best practices on the Magento 1 and Magento 2 platform. Ensuring that code is written to a high quality standard, self-tested and communicating openly with the project management team to ensure that tasks are well scoped, estimated and delivered.
- Working with the project management team to facilitate new work through the agency – assisting in the writing of functional specifications and development of designs through the agency, ensuring that all deadlines on the project plan are met and that projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Deliver high quality project work and support the evolution of best practice and standards.
- Where needed be client facing, responsible for presenting your work, taking feedback and critique and helping to guide our clients to the best solutions.
- Providing actionable feedback to other members of the team on quality, best practice and technology
- Design and deliver visual elements to the highest standard
- Take and understand direction from others
- Present, explain and justify implementation of client solutions
- Build and manage relationships with internal teams and clients
- Be an active, motivated and inspired member of the team
- Maintaining a full understanding of company processes, policies, guidelines and contractual obligations and ensuring these are consistently followed.
- Proven experience as a frontend developer
- A good balance of understanding a client’s budget vs the proposed solution
- Have a minimum of one years’ agency experience
- Keeping well documented, efficient code and ensuring a clear audit trail of communication.
- Have experience of taking details of client’s requirements and creating detailed briefs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision with an ability to plan and prioritise your own time and workload alongside the project management team to ensure all deadlines and deliverables are met on time and to the required standard.
- Have meticulous attention to detail
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and create rapport with colleagues, clients and management
- Provide positive contributions to a team-working environment, in relation to ideas, providing support to colleagues, building strong working relationships with colleagues, understanding internal roles and responsibilities.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment and to use high levels of initiative to deliver results.
- We are looking for someone who is as passionate, hard-working and has determination to succeed.
Skills we’d love you to have
- Prior experience with Magento 1 & Magento 2
- Experience with converting designs from Sketch
- Experience with Gulp, Grunt and/or Webpack
- Experience with React.js & Redux.js
- Experience with using source control (Git)
- Magento Frontend Certified Certification
- Working knowledge of tools such as JIRA
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org