We are currently recruiting for Senior Copy Writer to join our team on a permanent basis at our Harrogate office. Applicants must have a minimum of 2+ years writing experience, ideally some of this within the finance sector, this can range from branded content to technical manuals to regional/national press.
Ingenuity Digital Holdings Limited (IDHL) which trades as WMG, Ingenuity Digital and NetConstruct is one of the largest groups of full service digital agencies in the UK. With offices in Central London, Harrogate and Wetherby, IDHL has a growing team of over 100 professional, creative, marketing and technical people.
Trading for 16 years, IDHL has a record of strong growth and profitability and is proud of its diverse portfolio of clients, including some of the finest national and international companies. IDHL offer a full range of internet marketing services which include Search Engine Optimisation (SEO), Social Media, PPC, Online PR, and DADI award-nominated web design and development.
Over the years, IDHL has achieved a market-leading reputation for delivering innovative, high-quality results to clients. We have developed a transparent and analytical approach to internet marketing, and have combined this with outstanding account management. This, coupled with intellectual property developed over 16 years, has helped us establish an enviable market-leading position.
Overall Role and Responsibilities:
You will provide a variety of web content assets, including (but not limited to) online PR, guest posts, articles, blog posts, guides, brochures, promotional emails and web pages.
Your key focus will be working within our finance niches, writing articles covering a variety of industries including: investments, loans, business finance, savings, finance news and forex. In addition to this responsibility, there is also the choice of up to 27 different niches from sport to beauty, and the work provided is both varied and challenging.
The role includes writing and editing content of between 400 and 1,000 words to tight deadlines. You will ensure that your work is always publishable, and of the highest quality.
You will also assist the Copy Team Lead in ensuring the team deliver high quality content to time and mentoring the junior members of the team. This will involve monitoring and shifting resource where necessary to achieve productivity goals.
Key Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Being a constant source of fresh, innovative ideas to develop our copy offering.
- Developing new web-based content on a regular basis
- Writing SEO articles for websites around pre-selected keywords
- Responsible for accuracy and validation of copy editing and proofreading client web content where necessary
- Social media content integration
- Managing and optimising website content, according to SEO needs
- Liaising with your point of contact to produce correct content standards
- Implementing best practices of web-based writing
- Provide feedback and direction to other internal teams to support launch and integration efforts for new products and processes
- Analyse and resolve issues that have the potential to jeopardise the ability to meet agreed upon deliverables
- Actively participate in the research and communication of emerging industry trends and standards for content strategy and developments to support department direction
- Any other duties as appropriate to the role
- Educated to degree level.
- Fluent, confident, accurate and clear writer, able to communicate a wide range of information effectively, to a very high editorial standard and in a concise manner
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to follow and improve on house/ style guidelines and tone of voice
- Research plays an important role in this position. They should be able to conduct and organise research so that they can meet the deadlines required of them, while ensuring that the information they use is accurate and relevant to the client’s business.
- Excellent writing skills, including grammar, vocabulary, punctuation, and style
- Strong proof-reading skills of their own and others’ articles and ability to amend according to internal or client requests
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office package
- Ability to use Google Analytics to assess success of copy for a client
Training and Progression:
We believe in investing in our employees, working with leading training providers and professional bodies to expand your skillset, with regular workshops, lunch and learns, as well as tailored Personal Development Plans created to support your career aspirations.
The diverse range of specialisms across our business provide plentiful opportunities to get a taste for new areas within digital marketing and broaden your experience. Time will also be given to research and investigate new technologies as part of this role.
Employee well-being is high on our agenda, and we pride ourselves on the range of benefits we’re able to provide and want to ensure our staff are satisfied.
A performance bonus rewards effort, whilst our quarterly company awards recognise individual achievements. To keep those creative juices flowing we provide free fruit and refreshments, and we always look forward to the monthly free sandwich Friday.
We’re a social bunch too, with regular company events to look forward to such as the races, picnics and the always much anticipated Christmas party. Not only that, but we genuinely like each other too, it’s not just a work thing! You’ll often find our employees out and about together, with many making some great friends in their colleagues.
Thinking of your future, we operate a Company Pension Scheme, that, like a fine wine, improves over time, rewarding your loyalty over the years. We even offer a private health plan to make sure you’re well looked after
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com