In this increasingly-connected age, businesses cannot afford to overlook their mobile SEO strategy. Mobile devices are used to access the web by more than 85% of internet users and in 2016, mobile web browsing overtook desktop for the very first time.
With Google including mobile SEO as a ranking factor, you need a robust mobile SEO strategy now more than ever. It can lift you above your competition, drive more traffic to your website, increase conversions and align your business with the expectations of today’s connected consumer.
Our comprehensive mobile SEO services will help you:
- Generate more mobile traffic to your website, by increasing your website rankings and gaining more visibility in mobile search results
- Increase conversions from mobile visitors, by improving the mobile user experience
- Allow mobile users to seamlessly interact with your business through click and call and other mobile-only techniques
- Measure and improve your mobile ROI, by tracking and understanding your customer’s mobile journey
- Ensure full compliance with all of Google’s mobile SEO requirements
Mobile SEO is all about tuning a website for mobile devices, search engines and mobile search results, ensuring the mobile user experience is exceptional and intuitive.
While there are similarities between mobile and traditional desktop SEO, there are many technical requirements, considerations and opportunities unique to mobile optimisation.
From a technical perspective, mobile SEO involves putting signals in place so that search engines can understand your mobile configuration and rank the site accordingly, as well as correctly configuring your site to load and render quickly on mobile devices.
However, to place well in mobile search rankings, a site must also perform well in terms of usability – things like forcing users to pinch-to-zoom to use your website lead to a poor mobile user experience.
SEO for mobile is now a fundamental requirement for anyone who wishes to have an online presence, especially with the introduction of mobile ranking factors by Google.
Over 85% of internet users access the web through a mobile device, which has now overtaken the number of desktop searches for the very first time. So, as well as being able to rank in mobile searches, you also need to be aware that mobile users now interact with businesses in new and unique ways.
- 80% of consumers move between devices, with 67% using multiple devices sequentially to shop online
- 65% of multi-screen consumers begin their shopping process on a smartphone
- 84% of all multi-screen shopping experiences included mobile as either the first or second interaction
The connected consumer now expects to access and interact with a website from any mobile device:
- 57% of users say they will not recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site
- 40% of users have turned to a competitor’s site after a bad mobile experience
- 71% of customers react negatively to inconsistencies in brand experience across different devices
Mobile phones also allow consumers to interact with your business in ways that no other device can:
- 80% of shoppers used a mobile phone inside a physical store to either look up product reviews, compare prices or find alternative store locations
- 94% of smartphone users search for location info
- 51% of smartphone searchers visited a store
- 48% of smartphone searchers called a store
- 29% of smartphone searchers made an in-store purchase shortly after
When considering the above statistics, it’s clear to see that consumers are more connected than ever and you can’t afford to ignore the impact that SEO for mobile can have.
Our experienced team of SEO analysts and consultants will conduct thorough audits of your site to identify mobile issues and regularly provide you with actionable recommendations and alerts.
Our mobile SEO audit consists of a 54-point checklist which covers:
- Crawling and indexing
- Mobile configuration signalling
- Mobile usability analysis
- Mobile load speed analysis
- Mobile content
- Mobile meta data
- Mobile tracking
When looking for an extensive and effective mobile SEO strategy, you can trust our thorough approach here at WMG. Our team of experts can also provide consultation on how to resolve a wide range of mobile issues, including how to fix smartphone crawl errors and what you need to be aware of when designing a mobile website. In addition, our sister company, NetConstruct, is a web design agency with 20 years’ experience that can provide you with a completely new website if this is an additional requirement.
If you’re interested in working with an experienced mobile SEO company that delivers great results, just fill in the contact form and we will get in touch.