Team WMG, with help from sister companies Ingenuity Digital and NetConstruct, put themselves through the physical and mental endurance of going up and down Yorkshire’s Three Peaks in less than 12 hours, in an effort to raise as much money as possible for St Michael’s Hospice.
On the first weekend of October, just before the nights began to draw longer than the days, six courageous members of the WMG team undertook Yorkshire’s Three Peaks challenge. The brave participants were Graham Matthews, Kari Munro, Nicola Cooley, Rich Morland, Rob Stebbings and Tom Brook. The famous 26-mile trek involved climbing up and down the county’s three largest peaks while walking the long slog in between all three of them in a circular route.
The day got off to an early start, getting up at an obscene time in the morning to drive over to the village of Horton in Ribblesdale before the sun had even poked its head out. Setting off at sunrise, it was decided to do the route in the opposite direction to the more popular choice. The momentous trek started with Ingleborough before moving onto the highest peak of Whernside and ending with Pen-y-ghent. Thankfully the team had their helpful guides, Matt and Ed of Lakeland Mountain Guides, to lead the way and ensure nobody got lost or left behind up on the hills.
Many sandwiches, cereal bars and copious amounts of Jelly Babies were consumed on the way. The rain held off all day and there were some fabulous views right out to the coast from the top of each mountain, making the challenge well worth it. There were trials and tribulations going up and down various steep, slippery and rocky parts, while everyone’s legs began to tire after the hours of walking. Still, all six made it to the end before sunset, completing the Three Peaks in under 11 hours and 40 minutes.
It may have taken a few days for some legs to recover but it was well worth it. Plus, everyone also smashed their charity targets, raising around £1,000 in total in the process. Thanks to all who donated, we look forward to seeing you there next year to try and beat our time!
If this has inspired you then there’s still time to donate at our Just Giving page here: https://www.justgiving.com/teams/IDHLSMH
- WMG Comes Out Top for Effectiveness at the RAR Digital Awards 2018 - June 20, 2018
- WMG Nominated for Five RAR Digital Awards - May 22, 2018
- WMG Announced as a Finalist for The Drum Search Awards 2018 - March 12, 2018
- WMG Shortlisted for Three UK Biddable Media Awards - February 13, 2018
- WMG shortlisted for Northern Digital Awards ‘Best Integrated Campaign’ 2018 - December 8, 2017
- National Doodle Day – IDHL’s Doodles of The Day - September 22, 2017
- IDHL Group’s Doncaster Races Annual Social Event - September 20, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending September 1st 2017 - September 1, 2017
- WMG Explores Theatre - August 16, 2017
- IDHL Group 2017 Summer Party - July 28, 2017