Here at WMG we love a good creative campaign and we’re not afraid to admit that we take inspiration from some of the many examples out there in the internet ether. These are just some of our favourites from the week ending 12 August, as chosen by Robert Stebbings, Senior Digital Creative & PR Strategist.
Undress To Impress
Now TV has raised more than a few eyebrows (and secured widespread media coverage including the Metro, Mirror and Daily Mail) by opening London’s first nudist roof terrace. Coinciding nicely with the August heatwave, this pop-up space has been created with an underlying message for viewers to ‘break away from convention and be free’ – which is reference to Now TV’s contract-free TV, broadband and calls bundle package. Promotion of the Now TV Combo also involved a survey revealing young Brits today are the ‘No Strings’ generation.
Meow Is The Moment
Honda unveiled their ‘catvertising’ campaign this week promoting the launch of the Honda CR-V. Coinciding with International Cat Day, a 30 second video called ‘Meow is the Moment’ features a number of cats who begin to sing a rendition of The Go-Go’s 1984 hit “Head over Heels” when they lay their eyes on the new model. This fun video, available online only and promoted via Honda’s social feeds, is an extension of Honda’s summer clearance campaign, which is called ‘Now is the Moment’.
Source: Creativity Online
With the world’s biggest sporting event in full swing, sponsors are vying for our attention and Visa, the official payments partner of Rio 2016 has delivered a powerful video which tells the story of Olympic swimmer and Syrian refugee Yusura Mardini. Representing the first ever team of refugee Olympic athletes, this inspiring YouTube video has already been viewed more than 1.7m times and counting. The refugee crisis continues to be at the forefront of the news agenda which this campaign perfectly encapsulates.
Source: The Drum
- WMG Comes Out Top for Effectiveness at the RAR Digital Awards 2018 - June 20, 2018
- WMG Nominated for Five RAR Digital Awards - May 22, 2018
- WMG Announced as a Finalist for The Drum Search Awards 2018 - March 12, 2018
- WMG Shortlisted for Three UK Biddable Media Awards - February 13, 2018
- WMG shortlisted for Northern Digital Awards ‘Best Integrated Campaign’ 2018 - December 8, 2017
- National Doodle Day – IDHL’s Doodles of The Day - September 22, 2017
- IDHL Group’s Doncaster Races Annual Social Event - September 20, 2017
- Creative Inspiration Roundup For Week Ending September 1st 2017 - September 1, 2017
- WMG Explores Theatre - August 16, 2017
- IDHL Group 2017 Summer Party - July 28, 2017